Sunday, April 03, 2005

see, saw, seen

The Pope is dead, long live the Pope. Yesterday evening I was out with some friends when I heard that he finally had died at 21:37 CET. Actually we were discussing the liftstyle of a Pope, if he gets a wage, if he has hobbies, if he has some spare time and things like that. Somebody meant that it's strange that he's lacking of a big plasma screen TV - referring to last friday when he we could only see his back while he was watching the Good Friday Mass beiing celebrated. You may say now that it's unusual talking about such circumstantial things, but imo life is some kind of an accumulation of circumstantial things.

Yesterday I finally succeeded in leeching the total bootleg of U2's second concert in San Diego - in total 241 mb - 22 songs - elapsed time: more than 10 hours (!). Nice to have ISDN here in Ried, very entertaining when you can't hang around your PC whenever you download something. But on the other hand, I can do other, more senseful things instead of wasting my time in front of my 19" CRT-screen (which I want to replace with a 19" TFT-screen in summer).

Yesterday I bought "Collateral" on DVD, the first time since the beginning of November that I had the financial means to afford myself a new movie for my collection. I pretty much enjoyed that movie in cinema, different from my co-watchers back then. Last week I heard of another pretty good looking new movie called "SAW", starring Cary Elwes (you may know him as Robin Hood from Men in tights) and Danny Glover (Captain Roger Murtaugh from Lethal Weapon).

Here's the topic of this movie (copied from http://www.imdb.com):

Adam (Leigh Whannell) and Dr. Lawrence Gordon (Cary Elwes) wake up chained to pipes at opposite ends of a dirty utility room. They soon learn that they have become the victims of the Jigsaw, a serial killer who devises intricate situations to get his victims to kill each other. Pitted against the clock and each other, the two must work to outwit their captor and save Gordon's family, who have been taken hostage by the killer.

Sounds quite thrilling - hopefully it can come up to my expectations. Right now I don't know what else to write, so I better finish for today - tomorrow is another day, and if I'm able to sit down after my wisdom teeth surgery, I will provide you with some details.

No comments: