Monday, April 25, 2005

f*cked up days

Do you know that feeling when you can do whatever you want, everything gets fucked up? Had such a great day today. The day started with rainfall, and it's still continuing. When I got up today I thought of a pretty normal day with normal lectures and such stuff. There is a nice saying in German: "erstens kommt es anders, und zweitens als man denkt".

Today we got back our mid-term-exams in Brand Management. And it's my worst workpiece since I am student at the University Of Applied Sciences in Salzburg. I've got EIGHT points out of 30 possible. The weird thing about is, that I had learnt pretty much for it, read the book a several times and made summaries on my own. And I _understood_ the content of all those books, pre-readings and lessons. Can you imagine the shocking moment I had to suffer from today? I was like paralyzed for more than three hours, unable to think of anything else than this bullshit. In my opinion (and also in the opinion of all the others) our lecturer is a highly subjective person, cause he gave me zero points for some examples after only reading the first two or three lines. Bad luck for me that I write that much when it comes to exams, even worse that it's in a quite unstructured style. Never mind, I've got the chance to do the exam again, hopefully he'll be able to understand me then.

Later on we had our last test from the 5th semester - the oral exam in Financing. Managed to get the best mark possible, as many many others were able to do either. Overall my average of marks from the 5th semester is 1,5 - not that bad compared to my so called failure in the mid term exam. Afterwards I was able to calm down (in fact I was calmed down all the time, paralyzation kept me away from doing and saying stupid things - although I am a quite choleric person as my friends will attest me) by playing indoor football. Thereby I had to cope with a bad shape too, maybe due to the fact that I had only eaten one //Topfentascherl// the whole day.

Now in the evening I am quite relaxed (although I can start learning for another exam and the 2nd try tomorrow), watched Lost on PRO7 before (my favourite TV series right at the moment). Now I am listening to some music (Kaiser Chiefs, The Bravery, Feeder) and trying to express my feelings (?) in this blog. Don't want to go to bed, don't want to watch TV any longer, don't want to do anything. Somebody's missing in my life, and some of you exactly know which person that is.

Alright, let's get rid of those feelings descending from my bad experiences today. Perhaps you want to know my "favourite five songs of all time".

  1. With Or Without You (U2/The Joshua Tree/1987) - I can hear that song whenever and wherever I want. Epic, timeless, the best love song of all times by far.

  2. Clocks (Coldplay/A Rush Of Blood To The Head/2002) - my current ringtone, another epic song. Thanks to Chris Martin and the others for that piece of music.

  3. Bittersweet Symphony (The Verve/Cruel Intentions OST/1997) - the first time I heard it on "Cruel Intentions", I fell in love with that song that was originally written by Mick Jagger.

  4. Don't Look Back In Anger (Oasis/What's The Story Morning Glory/1995) - it was the first album I bought, back in 1995. I like it more than Wonderwall, maybe the most famous song on this record.

  5. Wonderful Land & Arrival (Mike Oldfield/QE:2/1980) - these songs remind my of my childhood. Always heard it on tape when we were going somewhere by car. Whenever I hear them right now, some kind of warm feelings overcome me.

Mh, gotta do something different now. Don't know what. Will see...

No comments: