Wednesday, April 20, 2005

meeting hard-cora's husband

Yesterday I absolved the mid term exam in Brand Management - it was quite okay, but somehow undimensioned. That means you could write nearly everything that came to your mind according to some key words like "brand identity", "brand awareness" or "brand positioning". Afterwards I finished some work for my internship next semester, it only took me three hours so I had a lazy afternoon - of which I had never thought before.

Why do all the companies call and write back NOW? In the end of April? In the last seven days I got responses and invitations of a several companies, including big concerns like IBM, Porsche and Telekom Austria on the one hand and smaller, dynamic companies like ICC and CIMA on the other hand. Don't know if I'll respond to all of these enterprises, because I have already done quite much for my internship in Ried - and they had been the first company to respond me - the first company of a total number of 23 applications.

Never mind. Yesterday in the evening I was very curious to watch the next Ried game - but it was cancelled only five minutes before the original kick-off. The heavy rainfall and the suffering ground conditions made it quite impossible playing a football game in Styria. Why the f*ck has it been raining all week? Thought that the winter has already gone, but right now it seems the other way round, that he has returned. Something between 5C° and 10C° combined with heavy and constant rainfalls makes it impossible hanging around outside or doing some outdoor sports.

Today in the evening my former project group from the 5th term has some "informal dinner" at a Mexican restaurant in Salzburg. I am looking forward to eating those delicious ribs and chicken wings, including potato wedges and some herbs-sauce. If the FH tournament tomorrow in Hagenberg/OÖ cannot be absolved, I will surely drink one or two beers too. At the moment it's not looking very comfortable that this soccer tournament can be played - due to the heavy rainfalls and bad ground conditions mentioned before. Anyway, I'll keep you briefed about any new situations and news.

Just about half an hour ago I returned from a lecture at the WIFI (Wirtschaftsförderungsinsitut Salzburg) which dealt with some judicial facts, including patents and brand licences. Quite boring, and afterwards there was no buffet (THE reason why many of us went there anyway) neither.

Oh, nearly forgot an important happening. In the lunch break we went to the Europark (the biggest shopping centre in Salzburg) and had lunch at Mc Donald's. You'll never guess who we met - RALF SCHUMACHER! He and his young child were our table neighbours - the boy was quite amused, but his father looked a little bit annoyed. He was wearing a nice outfit - a mint green cap and pullover (both from Ralph Lauren) combined with blue jeans. Maybe he was that annoyed because nobody wanted to have an autograph or starred at him?

No comments: