Sunday, April 24, 2005

boring weekend, part 142

It has been pretty much time since my last blog has been published. Don't be afraid, I'm not neglecting it, I just haven't had much time during the last few days. Thought about writing this one later that evening, but the football game between Lazio Roma and Juventus Turin is that bad, that I better waste my time by doing something else. I could also learn for tomorrow's exam in Financing, but I think that the two hours learning time on the train have been enough for today.

The weekend has been pretty boring (.. and it's not over yet), I could characterize it as a typical spring-weekend that does not attract many persons to come home for it. On Friday we were at the stadium, watching (and chanting at) the 29th game of Ried this season. I'm glad that we won it by a small margin (1-0), because the opponent had been something like a feared opponent to whom we lost in autumn. Bad game, but I had to cope with a certain tension of my nerves. At the moment it's looking pretty good for us to be relegated back to the Bundesliga next season, a return that would be deserved as no second thing [ I have got the permission to be biased because I'm a fan].

On Saturday I had to cut the grass of the garden inherited from my grandpa, 500m² of aslope ground. Lucky me that he owed a motorized lawn mower that's at my disposal now. Elsewise it would be a hard job to push and pull that thing up and down the small slope. That evening nobody wanted to go out (the usual "I turn my cell off so that nobody can call me" thingie), so I kept occupied by my own new cell. Thanks to an extension of my contract with ONE, I had been given the Siemens S65 and a half year withour basic fee. I'm no churner, that means I am customer of that mobilephone company since 1999.

But back to my new cell - in the very beginning I thought about giving it back, because I have never had anything else than cells from Nokia, and the menu navigation of a Siemens cell is pretty much different, you could say fundamentally different. I came over those problems, henceforth I will never buy any other cells from other companies because it's that easy, combined with a nice design and some special features like a 1,3 megapixel digicam and an extra 32 MB memory card.

The game on TV is still on a 0-0, I'm gonna watch the last ten minutes, maybe somebody is able to show mercy by scoring the deciding goal (hopefully Juventus). Did you see that marvellous, stunning, extraordinary goal scored by Wayne "Wunderkind" Rooney earlier today? Perfectly aimed outer-instep-volley-shot from more than 30 metres, right into the upper left corner of the net. Many football players dream of a goal like that, he's already done it a several times, and he's still only 19 years old.

edit: 86th minute, 1-0 for Juventus, scored by Pavel Nedved. Weee!

No comments: