Thursday, April 07, 2005

engine damage!!!

I do love the OBB. Why? Because they provide me damaged engines, delays and alternative rail traffic nearly every week. That's not a joke - unfortunately. Since the beginning of the current semester, I have already witnessed alternative rail traffic for two times and damaged engines for three times. I guess this might be something like a record - the semester started in the last week of February, that means it's going seven weeks so far.

Sometimes I feel like being 50 years in the past, where railway traffic has been a very common and senseful way of transportation. Nowadays it does surely not make any sense to go by train as far as you don't really have to. Unfortunately I do not have an own car, so I have got to ride it nearly every week, except holidays. The distance between Ried and Salzburg is 64km by car - fantastic 104km by train. In time - the former one hour, the latter more than two hours. Today it took me almost more than 2h30min (!) to get back home to Ried. Why? Because of a damaged engine and alternative rail traffic - once more. This damn bus stops / has to stop at every station, has to go many detours to arrive at those little senseless stations like LEHEN ALTENSAM or OBERBRUNN, the bus driver enjoys long talks with train conductors and many more. Almost cannot stop badmouthing OBB, even more since they boosted the prices another time.

Alright, my nerves are frayed, so I have to calm down a bit. Yesterday in the evening we arranged the very first BBQ this //season// - let's better say, it's the very first BBQ in which I had participated. I'm glad that I still cannot eat hard-bitten things after my wisdom teeth surgery and still cannot drink alcohol due to the reason that I'm still taking painkillers and antibiotika. Means that I had been more something like a visitor to the BBQ - drinking my mineral water (with pear and melissa!) and eating my joghurt. Somehow I could not resist and tasted some grilled sausage - forgot about my right jaw - and bit on it. AGONY!

After that experience I went home and watched Champions League, the match betweek Chelsky and Bayern Munich. Today I'll be watching the UEFA-Cup quarter final between Austria Vienna and Parma in the Wikingertreff, our former favourite pub that had closed almost one and a half years ago. Still cannot drink any alcohol (yes, beer is alcohol in fact), but not because of painkillers anymore, but due to the fact that I have a job interview tomorrow in the early morning.

No comments: