Sunday, April 17, 2005

BBQ time again

Yesterday it was time to reactivate the barbecue - more than 20C° and a desire for grilled meat made up some nice conditions. But I can tell you - it's been a hard birth until we could start the whole process. In the morning when I got up the weather was fine, so I went out of the back door into our garden. There I recognized that the stable for our rabbits had still been on the terrace and not on its usual (summer-)place. So I asked my dad if it had been possible to arrange a nice BBQ in the late afternoon. He laughed at me and told me, if I did some certain things, I could do so. Well, he underestimated my will to arrange the BBQ and so I did all the following things:

  • took the chairs out of the garage and cleaned them
  • carried the rabbit's stable back to its usual place (with the help of my dad)
  • scrubbed the flagstones on the terrace
  • swept the terrace and set up the big table
  • cut the grass in the garden
  • assembled the new grill (my sister //lost// the old one last year at the Frequency)

Phew, hard work (but that way I successfully avoided learning for the mid term exam on next tuesday). Afterwards I invited the guests, mainly the usual suspects - and told them to come in between 4.30 pm and 5 pm. Well, I had already learnt enough lessons from the past, so I did not expect any of my guests before 5.15 pm - and I was right. They mainly arrived at 5.30 pm, thanks to the weather-god that it didn't start raining this evening.

Some loin steaks, roasted sausages, turkey hen steaks, (garlic) baguettes and salads - combined with herbs-butter, grill-sauces, ketchup - later, we sat out until 10 pm. After this we went out for the evening, surprisingly we spent another evening at the Hafner.

What else can I say - I'm still furious about the stupid policeman from Linz on friday, somebody should ban him immediately for all football-events as long as he cannot behave as others can. One of my friends told me that she suddenly was having blood on her hand, thinking that it was her own, so she licked it off - a few moments later she recognized that it was not her blood and neither the blood of her boyfriend, who was having some of it on his shirt too. Arrrgh!!!

No comments: