Monday, April 11, 2005

fraud is the ready minister of injustice

What I've got for you today is an anecdote about people, trustfulness and impertinence. Some months ago I bought a ticket for //Keane// at the Gasometer in Vienna on the 17th of March. This costed me 32,10€, postal charges and dispatch included. Unfortunately I was not able to get to Vienna then - due to a lack of motivation and financial means - so I tried to sell it online.

First idea - eBay! Well, obviously no good idea, because I could not sell it there because the concert was not sold out. So I asked many people if they needed a ticket - I even cut prices down to 15€! Finally, two days before the concert, I found a buyer - a long-time-member of the ASB, which seemed to be quite trustworthy. He sent me his address and name, 30 minutes later I went to the postal office because time was already slowly slipping away. My only chance was to send it via EMS (express mail service), which costed me another 8,12€. Until that moment I already spent 40,22€ on a concert I would not attend.

So far so good. Today's the 11th of April, somewhen two or three weeks ago I thought that he would have had enough time to make the bank transfer. I kindly referred to the fact, that he should transfer the money to my bank account - for two or three times - but never got an answer. Last week I even got his cell number from a friend of him, but he did not answer my SMS neither.

Today early in the morning my father called me, that he had the EMS for me that was on deposit for about one month because nobody came for it. The funny thing about EMS is, that it costs you another 8,12€ if nobody comes for it. This f***'n guy took my for a ride, haha. Paid 48,34€ for a concert I did not see. He'll surely have fun with my judicial claim, so I stay calm.

No comments: