Monday, August 28, 2006

SNG, fold, check, raise, ...

Lately there has been a real buzz about playing poker, especially Texas Hold'em. Well, I have to admit, I have been infected by that hype too. After watching many TV episodes of World Series of Poker (WSOP) I am now reading a book by David Sklansky and Mason Mallmuth with the title "Hold'em Poker for Advanced Players". It tells you everything about probabilities, hands you should fold, check or raise, tricks to impress or influence your opponents and getting used to your own style of how to play the game. At this site you can find some kinda weblog from my favourite professional poker player, Daniel Negreanu. He's very talkative and thereby manages to get behind the mind of nearly every of his opponents.
















Alright, after finishing the book I will apply the learnt theory by playing online poker (sites like pokerstars.de, partypoker.com, pokerroom.com) and livetables with friends. Thereby I have been very successful at my first participation, after entering with 2€ stakes I left the table with 12€. Not that much, but I reinvested the money later that evening at the Ried-match against Altach and made 45€ out of those 10€ by betting on a victory of the team from Vorarlberg. It seems that I'm pretty much a gambler lately, huh?

No comments: