Monday, August 21, 2006

Mr. Williams in Vienna

Last Friday I've been to Vienna to watch the first of two concerts of Robbie Williams. I already bought the tickets last November but got them only ten days before the concerts. If I had not written an e-mail to the customer care, they probably would have never sent them to my place. I was accompanied by a friend of mine, her brother and her friend. We arrived at the Ernst Happel Stadium at about 6.15 PM, which was early enough in order to have aching feet afterwards. We were standing on the left side on the grass, quite in the middle of the pitch. I expected Orson (my colleague rojo wrote something about them in his blog) to be the warmup-band, but I was surprised by Basement Jaxx. A mixture of funk, soul and rock .. pretty suitable to warmup the crowd.

At 9 PM Mr. Williams entered the stage, and he looked pretty fucked up. His voice was not as good as I remembered it from the 2003 concert, but this was not very wicked. The show was phenomenal, starting with fireworks and a big show on the screen.

[setlist to be followed]

Right after the concert we went home cause we all were tired, on Saturday morning I went back home by train after a small breakfast with coffee and toasted bread.

No comments: