Friday, May 20, 2005

until the end of the season

The last posting is nearly one week old, although I have had enough time to make new ones, because I've got something like holidays now. That's strange, isn't it? (this isn't it always reminds me of Frank Stronach when he's talking in German)

Well, may be due to the fact that I have done exactly nothing since last Saturday. Nothing means watching TV (mainly football games, but I don't have to say that in particular), playing football manager on my PC and chatting via ICQ. Yes, that's it. In fact, I have got to eat/drink and sleep from time to time, but that's standardized.

You know what's coming right now - you're right, I'm talking about football. Tomorrow (or is it today) the SV Ried will play their 34. game this season, against Austria Lustenau in the so called Ländle. They are a real feared opponent the last two seasons, they have not lost a single game at home since May 2003 (in numbers: 36 successive games). But now time has come to change that situation. All our players are fit and allowed to play, everybody has a clear focus on the main target, that can be expressed within one word: promotion. Promotion to the Bundesliga, the highest of all Austrian leagues in football.

At first I wanted to accompany my team to Lustenau by train, but somehow I'm lacking of motivation for the 15-hours-lasting trip. In detail it would look like this:

10:34 departure from Ried (regional train)
10:54 arrival in Neumarkt/Kallham
10:58 departure from Neumarkt/Kallham (regional train)
11:25 arrival in Wels
11:28 departure from Wels (IC)
16:40 arrival in Feldkirch
16:47 departure from Feldkirch (fast train)
17:06 arrival in Dornbirn
17:10 departure from Dornbirn (bus)
17:37 arrival in Lustenau

The game starts at 19:00, which means that I would probably have 2,5 per mill so far. Somehow I was really keen on watching that game, but now after a friend of mine told me that he does not want to go there (for whatever reason), I do not feel comfortable about going there, mainly with people I only know from going out in the evenings.

Well. What else can I tell you. A good friend of mine (a female) told me that she has to go to the dentist for a wisdom teeth surgery on Monday. A few hours later she told me that she has to go there already tomorrow, because of acute pain. Not a very funny situation as I know from myself (radix-treatment!!!). I'm glad that everything's alright in my mouth the very first time since ... don't know how many months.

Alright, only 18 more hours until the kick-off of the game. Damnit, tomorrow will be 1) a great 2) a very bad day. If we win, we're almost in, if we lose, fate will probably replay itself. It's time to do my prayers now...

No comments: