Thursday, March 31, 2005

running to stand still

Fortunately we skipped the short exam yesterday, instead of it we had a guest lecturer from Stiegl (THE beer from Salzburg), in detail the brand manager of the company. He told us a several interesting facts about beer, brand management and other things. But the best thing was that we made some //product testing// at the end of the lecture - you know what that means. //Unfortunately// we don't have many beer-drinkers in our group, so some of us had to consume two or three small beers.

After that a friend of mine and me headed to the petrol station to buy some more beer and chips for the Austrian game against Wales.

What a game ... could somebody tell me why Dospel played for Austria and not for Wales? Well, the other way round we could say that in exchange for Dospel the Welsh goalkeeper Coyne played for Austria and not for his home country. What a blunder! He somehow reminded me of David James, the former teamkeeper from England, who had made nearly the same blunder at the same goal at the same stadium.

After the game (and //some// more beers) we headed towards the Rudolfskai, the main place to go out in the evening. What a surprise, another night at the Shamrock, our favourite Irish pub in Salzburg. I don't wanna talk about the rest .. coming home around 4 am, getting up at 8.30 am, some kind of alcoholamia until lunch. Great fun!

About an hour ago I came back from running - I decided to do something against my tiredness and for my fitness - good decision, now I feel much better. Had to run at a quite high heart rate (my body recognized the alcohol and my lack of sleep), but who cares. Exactly said I ran around a heart rate of 165, which lies within my own //target zone//. You don't know what that is? Be glad, here's another lecture for you:

The heart rate is the number of heart beats per minute, the times per minute that the heart contracts. A target zone is a heart rate range that guides your workout by keeping your intensity level between an upper and lower heart rate limit. There are various target zones that are suggested for an individual to follow that correspond with a specific exercise goal. IE: Improved Fitness Zone 70-80% of Max Heart Rate.
You knew that ... didn't you? Okay, that's it for today, gotta get some food for dinner...

No comments: