Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Christian Bale (... and other negligibilities)

Yesterday we went out for a few beers, to meet each other again for the first time after the Easter holidays. Of course we were also talking about the latest movies, and especially about "The Machinist", a great suspense //film noir// movie starring Welsh actor Christian Bale. But he's not just another actor, he's a really great actor. Some guy even meant that he would be the successor of legendary Sean Connery - arrh - and I agree. You don't know him? Okay, here's a little portrait of his carreer.

He was born as Christian Charles Philip Bale on the 30th January 1974 in Haverfordwest, Prembrokeshire, Wales, UK. He made his professional debut opposite British comedian Rowan Atkinson on the London West End stage. He auditioned with 4000 other kids for the coveted role of James Graham in Spielberg's Empire of the Sun. Bale received a special citation for Best Performance by a Juvenile Actor from the National Board of Review - an award specially created for his performance in Empire. In the following decade, he has appeared in Shakespeare, dramas and comedies demonstrating a versatility, depth and range that has made him one of the best reviewed actors today and one of the most popular actors on the Internet.

He mainly plays //difficult// characters such as mass murderers, villains or psychos. His most famous movies are as followed:
  • American Psycho (2000)
  • Shaft (2000)
  • Equilibrium (2002)
  • El Maquinista (2004)
  • Batman Begins (2005 - in theaters soon)

For more information about him, have a look at http://www.imdb.com , the largest movie-database in the world, one of my favourite websites.

But now to something completely different - I'm such an oblivious person, damnit. Easter holidays ended, and I forgot my digisat-smard-card at home in Upper Austria. Well, that means that I cannot watch Premiere Sport for a few days, but furthermore I cannot watch the Austrian programmes neither. It's not the end of the world, but its quite annoying. I promised a colleague of mine to watch Austrian Hockey League's second final on thursday with him (... at my home), but now he (we) can't.

Much worse - I could NOT watch CSI Las Vegas on ORF, no matter if it was a recurrance or not. I really loooove CSI. At the very beginning I disliked it, I didn't even notice it. But some day I was stuck to an episode - don't know when, don't know why, but it's goood.

When you //google// for CSI, you find some interesting webpages:
  • CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (CBS, 2000) <-- the right one
  • CSI - Software für Tragwerksplanung und Bauphysik
  • CSI Zürich, das weltgrößte Hallen- und Springturnier
  • Homepage del Consejo Superior de Informatica Madrid
  • Computer Society of India
  • Christian Schools International
  • [...]

Well, what can I add. Right - I hate CSI:Miami, this Horatio Kane guy is soo over-prudent. See you soon, gotta write a short exam in a few hours.

No comments: